Position ID: MSIJD42
Contract type: Full Time Position
Required Experience: 3 to 5 Years
Required Education: Any Graduate Degree
Job Purpose: The ideal candidate must possess in-depth knowledge of storage & backup infrastructure and experience in architecting storage and backup solutions for customers. Hands on experience on SANs, SAN boxes/External Storage, NAS based storage, exposure to various vendor systems including EMC, NetApp, Quantum, HP, Solaris, Dell. Extensive knowledge of storage solutions such as RAID concepts, Storage Performance, Storage Management systems, Array based replication & backups, Tape storage & backup, VTLs, Replications & Backup for DR. Able to lead in storage and backup infrastructure and capacity assessments solution design and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install, upgrade and configure NetBackup 6.x/7.x and BackupExec 2010/2012 server and clients.
• Setup and administer Storage Units and storage devices, Tape Libraries, VTL, Data Domains and Basic Disks.
• Manage NetBackup solutions for various client platforms and backup types such as oracle RMAN/SAP, SQL, Informix, UNIX/Linux, Lotus Notes, Windows, db2 and NDMP etc.
• Responsible for Media management and process tapes for off-site storage. Monitor daily backup activity and reporting to proactively avoid issues and troubleshoot missed and failed backup jobs.
• Advanced trouble shooting skills and identify the severity of the issue, Ability to resolve complicated performance and hardware issues quickly to account/customer satisfaction and Prepare RCA. Improve automation and productivity of backups through scripting enhancements.
• Perform restores for various types of data in case of data loss as per customer requirement.
• Analyze existing backup environment and provide expert advice for optimizations and take such projects to completion independently.
• Design and implement enterprise level storage solutions, HP/EMC/Hitachi/Sun/NetApp (Either 2 or more) in large enterprise environments.
• Deliver expert support on Storage Virtualization, deduplication, BCV, Remote copy, Synchronous and asynchronous, data center fiber cables.
• Configure and manage enterprise-class disk arrays such as EMC’s Symmetric, VNX, and Clarion arrays, NetApp’s Filers.
• Advanced working knowledge of FC SANs and associated components including FC network, FC switches and proficient in FC switch configuration and upgrades.
• Perform zoning and masking at storage and Fiber switch level and configure of hosts with redundant paths.
• Administration of ISCSI targets and initiators to interconnect storage systems and servers.
• Lead on SAN virtualization and integration with host virtualization technologies (like VMWare) Identify and eliminate performance bottlenecks and making performance-related recommendations (hardware, software, configuration). Configure and administer Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) storage and associated components.
UG: Any Graduate in Any Specialization
PG: Post Graduation Not Required
• Working with highly Motivated Team
• Targeted internal and external training measures
• Permanent Employment
• We offer a career in a fast growing company with lots of professional development opportunities
If you are interested, please respond to this ad with an updated resume and a summary of your skills. We look forward to hearing from you soon.